The Trustees, staff and volunteers at the J R McKenzie Trust are the current stewards of the legacy of one of New Zealand’s generous families – Sir John and Lady May McKenzie and their descendants.
The Trust employs four staff and has a large network of volunteers, who are involved in assessing grant applications and supporting organisations around the country.
The Trust Board comprises 13 volunteers, who are appointed in several ways:
- Two Trustees are appointed by the McKenzie family
- Six Trustees are appointed by Rotary, one from each of New Zealand’s Rotary Districts
- One Trustee is appointed in conjunction with the NZ Law Society
- One Trustee is appointed in conjunction with the NZ Medical Association
- Three Trustees are appointed by the Board itself.
Current Board members are:
|Patrick Cummings (Chair)||Hamilton|
|Charles Wilson||North Shore|
The staff are:
|Helen Anderson||Trust Administrator|
|Iain Hines||Executive Director|
|Eileen Kelly||Grants and Programme Advisor|
From the beginning, Sir John McKenzie realised the value of Rotary as a network of civic-minded people throughout New Zealand. Rotarians were willing to help, and continue to do so today:
- they advise the community about the Trust and what it does
- they facilitate assessment in their region
- on occasions they offer applicant groups further assistance and contacts.
Within each of the six Rotary Districts in New Zealand, there is a J R McKenzie Trust Panel. The Chair of each Panel sits on our Trust Board.