Applying for funding
Our strategy for 2015-19 is to focus all that we do as a Trust, including our grant making, on working towards a more socially just and inclusive Aotearoa New Zealand.
Within this, our main focus areas are Māori Development and Disadvantaged Children and their Families. Applications with a focus on other especially marginalised groups may also be considered.
We are interested contributing to positive, long term change.
We are fine about contributing to general operating costs and/or costs of running a project.
Because our funds are relatively small, and some of our grants are significant, the 'success rate' for applicants is low - between 3 and 7%. So we suggest you look carefully at the information on this site before you decide to put the time into applying:
- Check what we want to fund, by looking at our strategy
- Read about organisations we have supported recently
- Have a look at the list of things we don't usually fund
- Read about our process and timelines
- Watch our Funding Tips Video on You Tube
- And only then apply online.
If you've checked the strategy but you're still not clear whether you fit our criteria or focus, we are happy to talk. Give us a call on (04) 472 8876.
The current grant round is open, and closes on 24 July 2015.
Please note, each organisation may only apply once per calendar year.